The Twelfth International Conference on Data Integration in the Life Sciences 2017 (DILS2017) will be held at Luxembourg on November 14th and 15th, 2017.
The conference aim is to foster discussion, exchange, and innovation in research and development in the areas of data integration, data analytics and knowledge management for the life sciences. Researchers and professionals from biology, environment, medicine, computer science and engineering are invited to share their knowledge and experience.
DILS was originally a workshop series with the first event taking place in March 2004 at the University of Leipzig, Germany. Further workshops were held in San Diego, USA (2005), Cambridge/Hinxton, UK (2006), Philadelphia, USA (2007), Paris/Evry, France (2008), and Manchester, UK (2009). Since 2010 DILS has become a conference series with conferences in Gothenburg, Sweden (2010), College Park, USA (2012), Montreal, Canada (2013), Lisbon (2014), and Los Angeles, USA (2015). All proceedings so far have appeared in the Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics series (Springer Verlag) and their contents are listed in DBLP. DILS citations can be accessed via Google Scholar.
Please see the list of previous DILS proceedings and websites for more details.
Two renamed keynotes confirmed their presence at DILS 2017:
- Dr. Alex Bateman, Head of Protein Sequence Resources at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
- Prof. Robert Stevens, professor of computer science in the Bio-Health Informatics Group in the School of Computer Science at the University of Manchester.
- Marcos DA SILVEIRA, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Cédric PRUSKI, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Reinhard SCHNEIDER, University of Luxembourg